Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm back!

Well, it's been awhile since my last post, but like always I have a good excuse.  I have a 3 month old - that's right, it's hard to believe but Lucy Kate is already 3 months! And with the introduction of naps means more time for this momma to bake and decorate.  I find it truly amazing that something that can't go anywhere or do anything takes up so much time, but I've loved almost every minute of it. :)

So, for my first cake post-baby, I was excited that it was a bridal shower cake.  I mean, who doesn't love weddings and all things included?! The wedding colors are shades of peach and the shower hostess wanted to incorporate that into the cake.  The bride also had a monogram made for the wedding, so I wanted to make that the topper.  It's definitely not exact, but the idea is there.

The cake was a vanilla cake and vanilla frosting with strawberry meringue buttercream filling.  The strawberry helped break up the monotony of the vanilla, but wasn't too rich or too sweet.

I'm glad to be back in the game and be on the look out for more cakes and sweet treats coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment