Monday, August 15, 2011

Things to Come

So, I've been a little absent lately and I apologize for that, but I promise things are going to start picking up again soon.  I am so excited for this week as I have two very exciting things going on.

1. I'm going back to cake class on Thursday.  I swore after I finished grad school I would never step foot into a classroom again, but cake class is totally different.  First of all, there's no grading.  Second, the end result is a delicious treat.  I'm struggling to find the downside.  Anyway, this class is Basic Fondant.  While I have played with fondant a couple of times, it's still not something I'm entirely comfortable with.  I'm really looking forward to practicing covering a cake, making bows and whatever else they decide to teach us! Look for my "cake class" posts.

2. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from one of my oldest friends (seriously, since we were 4) asking me to do her son's second birthday cake. My husband and I don't have kids of our own yet, but I know with certainty that a kid's birthday party is a BIG deal! So, you can imagine my shock for her asking me for this honor.  The party is on Sunday and the cake is going to be a Cars theme.  Kim and I have been planning this cake for a couple of weeks and are meeting on Wednesday to iron out the details.  I promise to post pictures as soon as I can, but in the meantime, wish me luck!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment