Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cake for any occasion

I've decided that cake, or really sweets in general, are appropriate for any gift, birthday, Valentine's, forgive me, thank you, etc.  This week was filled with a variety of occasions which resulted in a variety of cakes.  

First up, a very belated birthday cake.  I love making cakes for co-workers.  My co-workers are some of the best, most hard-working people I know.   For this cake it was a chocolate chip cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  I stuck to my New Year Resolution by trying some new decorating.  I was going for a rose look, and while it doesn't necessarily look like mini roses, I still think it looks pretty cool.  



I used mini and regular chocolate chips which
accounts for the differences in the 2 layers
Next was a Thank You cake.  I knew immediately what I was going to do for this cake.  Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and a simple white fondant bow.  While very simple, always one of my favorites. 


And finally, another New Years Resolution - trying a new recipe.  One of my favorite blogs is bakerella.com.  She has some amazing and delicious ideas and this cake certainly did not disappoint! This cake is chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting "drizzled" in chocolate ganache.  Since this cake was just for my husband and myself, I didn't spend as much time decorating, but was just ready to get to the finished product!

So delicious!! 

I go back to cake class next week, so stay tuned for what's to come! 
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment